"Community Auditions" is back

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:35:21 EST 2007

Before there was American Idol or The Gong Show, there was Community Auditions on WBZ-TV 4. The other
day I saw a promo for a new "Community Auditions" show on WZMY-TV 50 out of Derry, NH and I just
happened to see the final few minutes of an episode of it right now.

Apparently the show is taped at Mohegan Sun and features a band doing the familiar theme: Star of
the day, who will it be? Your vote may hold the key. A female folk duo won. Among the judges:
J.J. Wright, and "Sib" (who I assume is Sib Hashian from the band Boston). Apparently the grand
prize that will ultimately be awarded is a car (as well as studio recording time, etc.)
The credits went by pretty quickly but the first name that came up: "Thanks to Dave Maynard"

They have a site: http://www.communityauditions.com

OK, so Creature Double Feature is back. So is Community Auditions. When will Candlepins
for Cash be revived? :) It's up to you...tell us who...will be star of the day.