HD Callsigns

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Nov 20 18:49:53 EST 2007

Sid Schweiger wrote:

> I've been through this at other companies too.  Funny how one of the
> few FCC rules whose wording is relatively clear gets misinterpreted so
> often.

I think it may be something in the public radio water. Seems like just
about any pubcaster with an AM license feels compelled to do their
"legal" IDs accordingly - I've heard it at "WNED-AM Buffalo," "WNYC-AM
New York," "WOSU-AM Columbus," and plenty of others.

Do "WBUR-AM West Yarmouth," "WFPB-AM Orleans" and "WRNI-AM Providence"
do it that way, too? It's been a while since I've paid any attention...