HD Callsigns

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sun Nov 18 17:50:34 EST 2007

I was talking to a friend in New York City about HD radio there.  He
was telling me that WINS (AM) is on the HD-2 stream of one of the FM
stations there.  He wasn't sure which one.

What he told me that was surprising is that the HD-2 stream has a
totally different callsign than either WINS or the FM station.  We
thought this unusual, neither of us thought that the FCC separately
licenses the HD-2 and HD-3 streams, nor assigns them callsigns.

Can anyone shine any light on this situation?

If possible, please use the "reply to all" when replying to this
message, so that my friend, who is not a member of this list, will
get your reply.

Thanks for your help.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH