(semi-OT) My DVR's misbehaving on me!

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun May 27 20:33:52 EDT 2007

For the most part, I absolutely love the Toshiba DVR/DVD recorder that I
bought last year. The Fybushes went away for 9 days last week, and I
didn't have to stock 3 VCRs with blank tape and double-check a dozen
programs before we left. It's a wonderful invention. Buuuutt.....

This Toshiba, or perhaps the TV Guide On-Screen software within it,
seems to have a glitch when it comes to retaining a "regular" program
for certain Fox prime-time shows. In particular, it seems to routinely
lose its program for "24" every week...and it did it to me again while I
was gone. (This happens to "House" frequently, too, but NEVER to any of
the other non-Fox shows we record.)

So, two questions: 1 - anyone else had a similar experience? And 2 -
anyone out there in BRI-land happen to still have the two-hour "24"
season finale on tape/DVD/DVR hard drive, and willing to share?