Recommended Reading: "Something in the Air"

Todd Glickman radio88@radio88.net
Wed May 23 13:39:18 EDT 2007

I just finished reading "Something in the Air: Radio, Rock, and the
Revolution That Shaped a Generation," by Marc Fisher (Random House,
2007).

And I thought I was the only one who had a transistor radio under my
pillow while listening to Jean Shepherd, or who joined my high school
newspaper just to get into his student paper press conference.

The book filled in many holes in my knowledge of the names and voices
I've known for decades. My only criticism is that there was little
about the development of all-news radio. (Though I resonated with
Marc's description of "...velvet tones of Clarence Rock...on WINS,"
as he kept me company and up-to-date on home-town news late at night
via sky-wave while studying at college in Boston.)

This book is a great read! Thanks to my WCBS colleague Wayne Cabot
for the recommendation.
--
Todd Glickman
Associate Director, Office of Corporate Relations

Certified Broadcast Meteorologist
WCBS Newsradio-880
New York City, NY
Email:	radio88@radio88.net