Gus Saunders RIP

SonnyDaye1@aol.com SonnyDaye1@aol.com
Tue May 15 21:16:43 EDT 2007

<<<<<<From:  Donna Halper.....
Just got the news that Gus Saunders has passed away.  Did any of you know him or work with him?>>>>>>>>>>>>

So sorry to hear this. Gus was the consummate, old-school, professional announcer. One of the most classy, professional, loyal people in the business. And WHAT pipes! For many years my band played for all his annual Food & Fashion Shows (usually at the Copley Plaza Ballroom), and any food related events that he would have a hand in organizing. Boy did all the ladies love him. In the early
fifties, I believe he was the president of the announcers' union and he hired my dad's band to play at their banquets. Ever since then, he would make sure that we would provide the music for any event he had a hand in. That's what I mean by LOYAL! We'll all miss him, on and off the air!
-Sonny

.