Would syndicating WEEI in northern New England work?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon May 14 15:57:11 EDT 2007

<<On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:51:01 -0400, "Bill O'Neill" <me@billoneill.us> said:

> It seems to make sense in theory.  One thing I am catching onto here in
> Vermont (took me seven years to figure it out) is that while there are
> ardent Sox/Celts/Pats fans here, not all things-Boston translate here
> with equal vigor.

Or indeed with any vigor at all.  Some of this has undoubtedly changed
in the past (ohmyghodisitrealythatlong?) 13 years, but when I was
growing up, the TV sportscasts would give about equal coverage to
Boston, New York, and Montreal teams.  I don't recall any Boston teams
on television.  (This was back when the AFC was on NBC, and because
our NBC station, WPTZ, was on the New York side, they carried the
Jets.  WCAX, then with the NFC rights, carried the Giants.  Of course
the only hockey on TV was HNIC, which would normally show a Habs game
if there was one.  I don't recall seeing baseball on TV more than once
or twice, except for a couple of seasons when the CBC had Jays games
on Friday nights.)

-GAWollman
(who will never be a Real Vermonter despite having lived there for the
fifteen most formative years of his life)