IBOC not entirely useless after all....

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun May 6 21:16:39 EDT 2007

Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sun, 06 May 2007 00:47:29 -0400, Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com> said:
>
>> May we inquire as to what You Screw Em is charging for this little gem?
>> Brian
>
> YDI is asking full list price ($199), same as Universal was last I
> checked.  I'm certain you can get it cheaper somewhere else.

I paid half that for mine...but that was a special group-buy offer for
the broadcast community that has since expired.

Do note that for most models of HD Radio right now, including the HDT-1,
there's a $40 rebate available through Ibiquity (hdradio.com), with UPC
and receipt from point of purchase. (The rebate deal does not apply to
purchases from Best Buy, which apparently has a separate promotional
offer of its own.)

And do also note, for those looking for a VERY inexpensive introduction
to HD Radio, that Radiosophy is finally shipping actual radios, and that
their new budget model ends up costing all of $59 after the rebate
(radiosophy.com).