A fun trivia question

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun May 6 22:47:55 EDT 2007

On 6 May 2007 at 7:37, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> WTRI (TV) was on Channel 35--not 45.

Right, that was a typo.

> All of this conspired to give Channel 41 very poor coverage. However,
> the station overcame these (literal) obstacles by acquiring additional
> signals--first WMGT N Adams on Channel 74 (later moved to Channel 19
> and rechristened WCDC) and then by constructing Channel 29 in Hagaman.
> Channel 19 transmits from Mt Greylock, the highest point in Mass. The
> signal is huge and it covers most of the Capital District pretty well.

Actually, I think the order of things is different.  WMGT moved to
channel 19 while it was still WMGT.  Then a storm destroyed the
tower, forcing the station off the air for a time. Then, channel 29
in Hagaman came on, and the WROW-TV call letters became WCDA, so that
it was WCDA on 41 and WCDB on 29.  Finally, channel 19 on Mt.
Greylock returned to the air as WCDC.

And that was where things stood when my family moved from Albany, 50
years ago this weekend.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581