Call 442-7000.......... and you'll see Muntz TV!

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Thu May 3 11:04:56 EDT 2007

> On 2 May 2007 at 23:38, Roger Kirk wrote:
>
> > Brings to mind the "Loft Radios" that were so
> popular in the 50's
> > after WWII surplus hit the market as well as the
> Muntz TVs that sold
> > so well in NY.
>
> My parents got one in Boston!  We got better
> reception on the built-
> in antenna (a wire across the top of the inside of
> the cabinet) than
> the neighbors got with a roof antenna.
>
> --
> A. Joseph Ross, J.D.
> 617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax
> 617.742.7581
> Boston, MA 02108-2503
> http://www.attorneyross.com

Ah, yes!!! Mad Man Muntz and his gutted TV's.  Numb as
all hell. I can still recall those radio commercials
on WMEX.....

"Call 442-7000 and you'll see Muntz TV-eeeeeee!  Call
442-7000.... see Muntz TV today-yyyyyyy!

God, you'd have to be within the visual sight of the
transmitters to get a good picture. For all intents
and purposes, Muntz TV's had virtually no front end.
The color ones (yes, there WERE Muntz color TV sets)
were even worse. (Yuck!)

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"