The Jibguy's ratings

Bradford Wood bradfordwood@comcast.net
Thu May 3 07:14:27 EDT 2007

If it didn't happen with the move by CC into the Boston market with
Rumba, it won't happen with any other FM'er.  I actually subscribed to
the possibility that Jam'n was going to go Spanish, but when it went to
1430/1200 - that didn't surprise me either.  Still waiting for them to
go HD to give Costa/Eagle a run for their money, but I digress.  While
there is a growing Hispanic population in the Boston market, it is not
yet enough to garner the money that would be needed to support a full
time FM'er in Boston.  But when that happens - my money is on Jam'n and CC.

The other problem is the Spanish format - there's not just one hardcore
format.  Its broken down into many various formats (tejano, bachatta,
and reggaton just to name a few) - and from what I understand - you
can't really mix one or more of them successfully.

BW