Wearing yet another of my many hats (Fybush on TV...again...)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed May 2 22:33:58 EDT 2007

In addition to being a fill-in newsperson on WXXI public radio here in
Rochester, I occasionally get dragged in front of the cameras at our
sister station, WXXI-TV...and those of you within range of NH Public TV
or Schenectady's WMHT can see one of those appearances tomorrow.

This week, I was the fill-in anchor on Assignment: The World, a neat
little 15-minute show that WXXI has produced for classroom use for 48
years (going back to the days before we even had a broadcast license,
when the "Rochester Area Educational Television Association" produced
programming that the two commercial stations in town carried.)

It's a weekly show that uses current news events to educate students in
elementary and middle school about geography and social studies, and I
was happy to be a part of it, especially since I grew up watching the
program way back when.

You can see it Thursday afternoon at either 4 or 4:15 PM on NHPTV (I
think they show last week's show first, then the new episode), Thursday
at 12:30 PM on WMHT, and here's a list of other airings in North Dakota,
Grand Rapids and other garden spots around our great nation:

http://atwonline.org/broadcast.html

You can even read a script of the show, if you have nothing better to do:

http://atwonline.org/scripts/2006/050307.html