Herald: NESN restricts footage use by local TV

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 11:21:19 EST 2007

Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> To  be honest I thought that the policy of not using highlights of a
> game
> in progress was already being used (before this year)...who knows.

I always thought that was standard policy across the board. Why
encourage someone to flip to another network/channel?

And when Channel 38 had the Sox in its first, much-longer stint as the
flagship, I think they tried to charge rights fees. So local stations
just pulled down highlights from the other team's telecasts, when
available. And in this day of every team owning/affiliating with a RSN,
I'm sure that'd be even easier to accomplish.