listener supported radio...

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Mar 15 14:05:39 EST 2007

Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:37:37 -0700 (PDT), Sean Smyth <sean.smyth@yahoo.com> said:
>
>> (Teasing, of course. I just admire the fact that Scott seems to enjoy
>> many of the same off-beat factoids that I do. And I wonder where he
>> finds time to follow all this stuff!)
>
> Ask him what the main number for the Newton Police Department is, or
> where the 617-888 exchange was in 1994.

Nope...the only cop shop numbers I still know by heart are the regular
morning beat calls I used to make from WCAP on Saturday mornings, and
Newton certainly wasn't part of that list. (From memory: Lowell, Dracut,
Chelmsford, Tewksbury, Tyngsboro, Pelham NH and possibly Andover...)

And that last one's a trick question: 888, if memory serves, is
Sandwich, which had been moved to 508 by '94. I don't think it had been
reassigned in 617 at that point. It's now a cell prefix, but I had to go
look that one up.

Now ask me where my keys are... :-)