WJIB: listener supported radio...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:26:52 EST 2007

I guess I missed most of Bob's announcement but he did post about it elsewhere. He says it will "repeat Wednesday at 5 PM, and again at 8 AM on Thursday, then 5 PM on Friday." (13 min long)

Bob says his dilemma is: higher rent & music license fees and no income from Radio France. His goal is $88,000 for this year (and he won't
get paid personally). Bob plans to keep the format as is as he hopes to raise money from listeners. He's set a time limit of
June 30th--if things aren't clicking by then, he promises people who donate will get refunds. Bob said he doesn't want to run
informercials, etc.
So it'll be listener-supported adult standards...and he's already got some donations.