Daylight Savings time Patches for this weekend

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Mon Mar 5 13:21:10 EST 2007

<<On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:05:41 -0500, I wrote:

> Energy Policy Act of 2005.

For what it's worth, this has been much more of an issue for countries
outside the U.S. that have in recent times followed the U.S. rules,
since each country had to decide whether or not to adopt the new
dates.  Some did, some didn't, and some will probably not decide until
Monday.  Canada is a particularly difficult case as under Canadian
constitutional conventions, standard time is a provincial
responsibility -- so there is separate legislation for each of the ten
provinces and three territories; Nunavut was the last Canadian
jurisdiction to adopt the new rules.

Why Congress couldn't have adopted the EU rules I do not know.
Perhaps it would have made too much sense.

</tangent>

-GAWollman