Fw: [sarex] WBZ Space Station Interview

Roger Kolakowski rogerkola@aol.com
Mon Mar 5 10:17:01 EST 2007

May be of interest to some, WBZ talks to the space Station...recorded link

Roger
WA1KAT

SUBMITTED BY ARTHUR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C 31468

WBZ Space Station Interview: to listen to the audio portion go to:
http://wbz.com/pages/8662.php?

>From Boston to space
WBZ's Laurie Kirby speaks exclusively with the crew of the International
Space
Station. During their chat, Commander Sunita Williams of Needham got a
surprise call from her mother, Bonnie Pandya.

In an unusual interview on WBZ radio, reporter Laurie Kirby spoke with
two astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Flight Engineer
Sunita Williams and Commander Michael Lopez-Alegria took a break from
their science experiments to talk with WBZ. During Wednesday’s
interview, the astronauts talked about various topics such as the Red
Sox and space walks. During the long distance phone call Williams, a
Needham native, got a chance to talk with her mother, Bonnie Pandya of
Cape Cod. “This is a little bit of a surprise but I am absolutely
psyched to hear your voice.” Williams said.

Williams also talked about the record number of space walks she has
done. “I believe there is a generation of explorers behind me that are
going to shatter my record.” About her latest space walk she said, “It
was just amazing to be outside…watching the world go by and watching the
beautiful view of our planet.”

About her experience, Williams said, “life is wonderful up here.”

Also after listening to the above go to the Jordan Rich site and listen
to some of
his recent audio contacts

----
Originally Sent via sarex@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the