A Broadcast TV License May Be Worth Something After All

Dan Bourret dbradio@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 11:48:40 EST 2007

I recorded both the Standard Def and HD broadcast and the HD did indeed have the pixellation that others were referring to.  I did record both versions onto a single DVD.  If anyone is interested in a copy of the DVD, please email me (off list) and you can compare the Standard broadcast vs the HD one (so long as I am not breaking any copyright infringement laws buy providing a DVD recording at no charge??).

Thanks,
Dan

----- Original Message ----
From: Stephanie Weil <stephanie@gordsven.com>
To: John Mullaney <john@minutemancomm.com>
Cc: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:01:56 AM
Subject: RE: A Broadcast TV License May Be Worth Something After All

On Wed, February 28, 2007 07:03, John Mullaney wrote:

> I sometimes get pixellation and choppy sound on a regular show on analog

Probably because whatever the feed to the cable company is digital.  Or
the source that the shows are recorded on.

This kind of thing never happened when the whole air-chain (or cable-chain
in this case) was analog.

The worst I remember seeing was sometimes a crinkled videotape showing
lines on screen.  But it wasn't as bad as the picture stuttering to a halt
and then the sound continuing for a bit more before the video caught up.

steph