When WBZ played covers instead of hits

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jun 20 02:27:36 EDT 2007

On 19 Jun 2007 at 20:47, Lou wrote:

> Wow...  Just when you think you've found all the lost classics, New
> Hope comes up.  Great song!  Was this only a WBZ song, or did WMEX
> play it, too? Thanks for bringing it up.

I don't remember it at all.  But the classic I just thought of was a
song called "High School, USA."  It had a number of regional versions
which listed a bunch of local high schools.  I didn't know that at
the time and wondered whether the whole country was hearing a song
that mentioned Boston-area schools.

There was another one which I thought, at first, was some national
hit.  I think it was called "Song of the City," and it sang the
praises of "Boston, Boston, that's my home town."  But the song ended
with "The most wonderful sound of our home town is WCOP, Boston,
Boston, that's my home town."  Of course, it was only heard on WCOP.
A very clever promotion.  I wonder who performed it.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com