Memories of John Garabedian and V-66...

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Tue Jun 19 18:50:29 EDT 2007

At 03:17 PM 6/19/2007, Kevin Vahey wrote:

>WTXL out of West Springfield

Those photos bring back memories. In the early '70s Jay Policow
worked there (he is now, and for many years has been, production
director for Infinity in Hartford). That was the first station I ever
saw with a parking lot on top of their ground system.

I can't nail the model of console at first glance. I'll have a look
through my catalogs this evening and see if I can ID it. I think the
cart machines are ATC, probably rebranded as Gates - ATC, IIRC, later
became ITC.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml