Memories of John Garabedian and V-66...

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Jun 19 02:42:02 EDT 2007

On 18 Jun 2007 at 23:40, Lou wrote:

> I'd agree that WRKO began turning more progressive in the fall of '71.
>  I distinctly remember hearing them segue from the album version of
> Chicago's "Beginnings" into The Stones' "Sympathy for The Devil," no
> announcer, no jingle.  I was one, impressed 14-year-old.  If you
> consider the way "Beginnings" ends and "Sympathy..." begins, it's the
> making of a really hip, FM-style mix!  'RKO also started playing the
> long version of Savoy Brown's "Tell Mama," and played ***album cuts***
> from the (then) new Santana III.
>
> I'd place this right after John H left WMEX.  Bud Ballou had already
> bolted for Stereo 105 (WVBF).

For a datum point,  sometime in January or February 1971, Bud Ballou
introduced Buffalo Bob Smith at Suffolk University (in New England
Life Hall).  And he introduced himself as "Bud Ballou of WMEX."

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com