Major Mudd

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jun 16 14:08:27 EDT 2007

At 12:53 PM 6/16/2007, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>For some reason WCVB just uploaded this to youtube
>
>Bill Harrington interviews Major Mudd
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMtIh1lRFIM

When I did the Boston piece for Chronicle (which Scott was also in),
the producer, Art Donahue, came to my house and we chatted about how
much old footage just got tossed in the dumpster and never
preserved.  He kindly said he'd look around the station to see if
anything was still left from the old days-- and he found a short clip
of Big Brother Bob Emery,and perhaps also he found this Major Mudd
piece-- from the tribute done when the poor guy was losing his sight
and dying of kidney disease.  There have been many advances in the
treatment of diabetes since those days, but the good major died way
too young... many of us watched his show and loved it.