Memories of John Garabedian and V-66...

Steve Ordinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Thu Jun 14 09:59:52 EDT 2007

Markwa1ion@aol.com wrote...

> WGTR-1060 had a fair signal into Arlington in the mid '70s but could be
> slopped by WBZ and WILD on "broader" radios.  It took a lot of
> nosedives going under powerlines so it wasn't suitable for in-car
> entertainment.

WGTR was also the first station I ever heard that did voicetracking.  I
recall them doing it around '74/75 (or maybe earlier).  Of course the
reel-to-reel automation systems of the day weren't as sophisticated as
modern ones, and it wasn't uncommon to have the voicetracks get out of
sync with the music.  I believe the old 103.3 WEEI-FM was also
voicetracked around the same time.