Avast, ye pirates (Boston 101.3, Lynn 1690)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jun 10 01:04:39 EDT 2007

On 9 Jun 2007 at 17:50, Eli Polonsky wrote:

> Try separating two powerful second-adjacents on virtually
> any modern clock radio, Walkman style portable, or "boom
> box". The cheap tuners that get Prudential "intermod" all
> over the dial when you're anywhere within about six miles
> of the building itself. They won't do it.

Right.  I had a lot of trouble picking up WCRB 102.5 in my downtown
office and in Brookline with several newer radios, but I've had no
problem with 1960s-vintage tube sets.  Or even with the solid-state
Sylvania table radio that I bought in 1968.

BTW, I moved my office last week, and I've found that in my new
office, with that same Sylvania radio, I can pick up WCRB 99.5 with
no antenna connected at all.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com