Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

Doug Bassett hinsdalien@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 10:15:56 EDT 2007

--- Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> How many programmers still make any pretense of
> caring about product
> separation these days?

Unfortunately very few.  We still try at the station I
work for, to varying degrees of success.  To be
honest, lack of artist separation is more troublesome
to me these days than product separation.

> The worst (in so very many ways) seems to be local
> cable ad inserts - no
> attempt at all to keep competing products separated.
> Or to have
> consistent audio levels. Or to get the timing right
> so the national
> spots or programming aren't stepped on. Or to use a
> reasonable level of
> video compression instead of making it a sea of
> pixellation. Or to avoid
> the plague that is three cable-company promotional
> spots in a row.

Comcast in Brattleboro has gotten better in recent
months.  There's still the timing issue, but at least
the audio is consistent (T-W in Orange MA seems to
have no clue when it comes to audio levels).  And it
took them a while, but Comcast finally got all of the
old Adelphia promos out of rotation.

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro VT