Is it time for WTBS to make a comeback on 88.1?

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 10:45:44 EDT 2007

"Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> I gather that since there was no WTBS in a service other than TV,
> WMBR
> has had the option of trying to get Time-Warner to agree to the use
> of
> the call-sign on FM in Cambridge for quite a long time. That must
> mean
> that either the WMBR board never realized they had the option, wasn't
> interested in trying, or had inside info that any such attempt was
> doomed to fail.

When did the call-sign rules change, allowing more liberal "sharing" of
a call sign over AM, FM and TV? I'm guessing the MIT folks now are
pretty content with WMBR, seeing as it's been the station's identity
for 30-ish years.