Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 13:47:51 EDT 2007

Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glenn Geffner came to the Red Sox from San Diego where he was the
> radio guy. He had been the Sox PR man but Lucchino wanted him to do
> radio. Wolfe wanted no part of him but this year he was forced on
> them
> by the Sox. He is simply terrible, the guys in Pawtucket call a
> better
> game on WHJJ
>
> Trupiano deserved a far better sendoff than what he got.

As Kevin said, it was a Lucchino-driven move. Personally, I don't miss
Trupiano's over-the-top calls at all. I wish Dave O'Brien were
available more for radio purposes, but I also realize that's the nature
of the beast when you've hired a guy that talented.

Geffner's MIA nature when Castiglione is handling play-by-play has made
me appreciate Joe's work more this year, and I've never been a big
Castiglione fan.