Olbermann on Jacobson

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jul 13 12:56:48 EDT 2007

At 08:50 AM 7/13/2007, Maureen Carney wrote:
>He did the 6p and Lee Webb did the 11p in the early
>80s, just after Don Gillis retired. Olbermann has
>complained in the past that he was upset the station
>wasn't located in the city and had to make
>arrangements to get out to Needham every day.

Not defending Keith, even though he is my future husband <gg>, but he
can't drive due to his vision problems.  To this day, he can't
drive.  He may have thought the arrangements were gonna be made for
him and then it turned out things got more complicated than he
expected.  By his own admission, he was a lot harder to get along
with back then.  He's sort of mellowed with age, plus getting good
ratings and lots of positive press for Countdown" has helped.  But
MSNBC makes sure he has a way to get to his gigs or he can't go.