WEEI 103.7 signal

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Jul 13 06:13:08 EDT 2007

I was driving home via Rte 2 from Albany to Derry NH a couple of weeks ago,
and I think WCRN has the best "overall" Sox signal. VEI-FM was hash for the
most part until I came down to Shelburne Falls. The hills are tough on the
signal through Savoy, Florida, etc. (About where I lost the Yankees on 104.5
from Mechanicsville(?)). Now, east of Greenfield, I agree that the 105.5
signals starts losing it east of Turners Falls area, and really, WCRN was
very strong on 830 even at Turners Falls and was the Sox signal of choice..

Oh...and club EEI should really pursue 107.7/The Pulse for their NH
affiliate.

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Doug Bassett
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:37 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: WEEI 103.7 signal

--- "A. Joseph Ross" <joe@attorneyross.com> wrote:

> WHMP in Northampton was still broadcasting Red Sox
> games when I was
> out there in mid-May.  But its satellite station in
> Springfield was
> not.

I don't think 1600 was ever a Sox affil., IIRC WHYN
560 was the Sox affil. for Springfield up until
recently.  Both 1240 (Greenfield) and 1400
(Northampton) have had the Sox for going on forever,
and the tradition continues to this day.  I wonder how
long Red Sox listeners (and sponsors) will stay with
these small AMs, when the games are also aired on the
more potent signal of 105.5?

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro, VT