any of you do any work with the Red Sox?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 12 22:56:01 EDT 2007

I need to arrange a tour of Fenway Park for a family friend who is
mildly mentally retarded and loves baseball.  He was supposed to go
with my husband and me last night (there was a special tour arranged
by Historic New England-- very cool event, by the way, with several
interesting guest speakers, including the guy who does "Only a Game"
on NPR) but was unable to get there on time --  some people he works
with evidently think it's amusing give people with mental challenges
a hard time --  they do this to him frequently...  in this case, they
knew he had arranged to go to Fenway, so just before he was due to
get out of work, they dumped a whole bunch of work on him and told
him he couldn't leave till he finished it... now, you and I might
have told them to go [Dick Cheney} themselves, but he didn't feel he
could say no, and by the time he got out of work, he had missed the
event.  Now he feels really disappointed.  I know the Sox give tours,
but am not sure how and when, plus I'd like somebody I know to show
him around.  Anybody got some contacts?  If so, let me know
off-list.  This is a very good guy who deserves a lot better than he
got in this situation... Suggestions?  (And if any of you know how to
get an autographed photo of any player-- that would be a big deal
too.  I want him to have something that he can take back to work and
show off to his co-workers who made his life so
difficult--  something that they don't have and he does...)