Natalie Jacobson To Retire

Rick rickajho@rcn.com
Thu Jul 12 18:24:14 EDT 2007

David Tomm wrote:

> I think you are confusing Fox 25 with Channels 38 & 56, which have
> added, dropped and moved newscasts frequently over the last several
> years.  25 has aired a self-produced 10pm newscast for quite some time.
>   David Wade and Maria Stephanos have been doing that newscast together
> longer than most of the other current anchor teams on 4, 5 & 7.  I
> fully expect them to get their share of the 11pm news audience, and 7
> News will most likely take the largest hit.
>
> Dave Tomm
> "Mike Thomas"

What I recall of Fox 25 news over the years was:

Fox had news at eleven p.m.

Then they changed it to "one hour earlier" as their tag line when they
moved it to ten p.m.

They had a noon news cast.

Then they dropped noon news coverage.

They started news at six a.m.

Then they moved that to start at five a.m.

Now the 10 p.m. news is moving again.

I don't think that there will be a lot of crossing over from 4, 5 or 7
as if Fox coverage will be somehow that much better than what station
viewers have already picked to watch for 11 p.m. news. I suspect that
there won't be much of a change, and the only people who will migrate
with Fox to the 11 p.m. time slot are the people who already watch Fox
and like the coverage to begin with.

Wondering if Fox will stick with one hour of news with the time slot
change or revert to a "conventional" 30 minute news cast format.

Rick