WBZ and the Red Sox

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 11 10:44:06 EDT 2007

>Maybe because their strong signal would lower the value of network
>affiliations in many markets.  I'm guessing that was more of a
>consideration 20-40 years ago than it is now, but I think the network
>was probably a large part of the financial package.  As a network
>flagship, WBZ would be competing against many of its affiliates.

But there are other cities where the games ran on their respective
local powerhouse signals.  In Pittsburgh, KDKA broadcast the Pirates'
games for many decades.

Here's a possibile explanation: did 'BZ air the Boston Braves' games?
(And if not, who did?)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu