E-skip catches

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Tue Jul 10 23:05:38 EDT 2007

At 09:48 PM 7/10/2007, Sean Smyth wrote:

>Any other get any good catches lately? If this was something
>pretty distant, this was my first-ever "neat" e-skip catch.

It was probably tropospheric ducting, rather than sporadic E. There
was an occluded front across southern New England today, and tropo
most often occurs across such a front. Here in Virginia we had some
complaints of on-channel interference today, which were probably
tropo originating from your side of the front.