Howie Carr to WTKK

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 21:58:50 EDT 2007

Which Gene Burns show were you listening to? I listened to him religiously
for years and that's not the way I remember. I remember him taking the first
15 to 20 minutes of the show to develop his opinion and then, he would ask
us for ours. The talk would proceed.

Best,
Tony Schinella

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
David Tomm
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:27 PM
To: Kevin Vahey
Cc: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org; Dan Strassberg
Subject: Re: Howie Carr to WTKK

Yeah, and it was gosh-awful.  The man literally didn't have an opinion
about anything.  It was take a call, listen to what the caller said,
thank them for calling in, ask "what do you think," pimp the phone
number again, and repeat.  Over and over and over again.  Not
compelling radio in the least.   Maybe that style of works at KGO,
which tends to be a rather centrist radio station in comparison to most
conservatalkers.  I suppose it could be effective on Sullivan's old
shift on WBZ, but not on WRKO.  With that station skewing far right,
they need a larger than life personality that has an opinion and isn't
afraid to give it.  Gene Burns isn't that guy.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"