when analog TV signals end

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Thu Jul 5 15:15:48 EDT 2007

>>The Cable Act of 1994 had more-specific language:

	Each signal carried in fulfillment of the carriage obligations
	of a cable operator under this section shall be carried on the
	cable system channel number on which the local commercial
	television station is broadcast over the air, or on the
	channel on which it was carried on July 19, 1985, or on the
	channel on which it was carried on January 1, 1992, at the
	election of the station, or on such other channel number as is
	mutually agreed upon by the station and the cable operator.
	(47 USC 5.534)

I suspect the Commission has discretion to modify this standard.<<

Actually, that's almost exactly the wording of the rule I cited.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF
WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM