WBZ/Esplanade

Aaron Read readaaron@friedbagels.com
Thu Jul 5 11:21:16 EDT 2007

I was a bit surprised that WBZ didn't get an STA to run their IBOC
carriers late that night to provide better audio quality for the show.
(I checked, they weren't on)

Or maybe they tried and were denied?

BTW, in regards to WEEI-FM, I can (with a decent car radio) hear them
pretty well if I'm on the south side of Corey Hill in
Brighton/Brookline.  It's not good reception; lots of other interfering
signals overriding 103.7...but it's there.  It's arguably one of the
best stations in Rhode Island to get "overall regional coverage".

--

Aaron Read

Did anyone else catch WBZ Radio's coverage of thye Esplanade concert?

I thought Jordan Rich did a good job being his amiable self.

Although the music quality left a lot to be desired.  I don't know if it
was compressed to crap...or if the audio chain of WBZ (Which I assume is
set up for voice) just did a number on the music.

Also, apart from that, there was what I percived to be static...and some
microwave issues(?),

Anyone else catch it?