Classical change in Washington DC

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 07:21:31 EST 2007

Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> However while the move has no doubt pleased classical fans, it's
> annoying fans of shows that have
> gotten displaced, like NPR news/talk/entertainment (though I think
> WAMU may carry them) and
> a locally produced folk show (the manager of the New Christy
> Minstrels comments on their
> blog that he's upset that the show was cancelled).

Indeed, WAMU does carry NPR news programming -- and it was the main
source for those programs until a couple years ago, when WETA then
de-emphasized classical music. There's also WTWP, which fashions itself
as an NPR-style station but slowly is fading away from that, especially
now that Tony Kornheiser has signed on.