Problems since the Ch 56 takeover

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sun Jan 14 20:44:45 EST 2007

Just got off the phone with WHDH Master Control.....I was asking why they
were transmitting CW Network programming in regular mode instead of
hi-def........i checked with friends in Conn and NY first to make sure that
they were seeing it in hi-def and they were......since the Ch 56 switching
was transferred to Bullfinch Place this has become a common occurance.  I
didn't spend thousands of dollars for a high def TV and a higher monthly
charge for a hi-def cable box to have the local affiliate not bother to pass
it through the way the network sends it.  According to the Master Control
operator lady I spoke to - she was going by the log - it said upconverted ,
not hi-def,so that is how they are passing it.   Thanks for nothing!