CBA-1070 Moncton, NB going off

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Jan 10 16:53:28 EST 2007

At 03:54 PM 1/10/2007, markwa1ion@aol.com wrote:

>Oh yeah, someone will say "listen on the Internet". A few of you may
>have WiFi or cellular hookups that would allow you to do this in
>rush-hour traffic, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I have to get XM or Sirius.

If you want to listen to CBC programming, you definitely want
Sirius.  There is no CBC programming on XM.

Sirius 137 is mostly news and talk programming, some of it
rebroadcast at east and west coast times.  For instance, The 2 hr
block of World at Six and As it Happens on weekdays is 5-7 PM and
then repeated 9-11 PM, Eastern time.  There's not much music on the
channel, and it is broadcast with a bandwidth suitable more for talk
than for music.  The channel carries only national programs, nothing regional.

CBC Radio 3 is also on Sirius, but Radio 2 is not.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH