WLVI refugees find homes

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Jan 1 13:59:21 EST 2007

Garrett Wollman wrote:

>I saw ex-WLVI chief meterologist Mike Wankum doing fill-in work Sunday
> night on WCVB.  On the final 56 show, he hinted that he already had
> another job lined up in the Boston market.  He's not listed on 'CVB's
> Web site, though.

   I read in an article in the Boston Herald a couple of days after the
final WLVI- produced news aired that mentioned Mike Wankum would be doing
some freelance fill in work on WCVB.

Garrett also wrote:

> Any word on any of other ex-56 staff coming back from the beach?

   According to the same Herald article, former weekend meteorologist Joe
Venuti is now at WCVB as a weather producer. The article also stated a
couple of reporters landed jobs outside the market. Lauren Jiggetts went to
one of the Chicago TV stations, while Adam Chonak (sp?) I believe found a
job at one of Denver's TV stations. I haven't seen or read anything about
any of the other ex-WLVI news staffers finding new jobs as of yet.

Mark Watson