Mystery Top Loaded, Low Frequency tower, in Hamilton, Mass

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Feb 28 17:51:05 EST 2007

> Does anyone off hand know what the huge (for Hamilton standards) low
> frequency Tower with a large "capacity hat" that sits just west of Route
> 1A
> in downtown Hamilton, does for a living?
>
> The guys are insulated and it actually sits on top of (or through) a
> building one street over from the main drag near Railroad aver. The
> building
> houses an fitness training center on the first floor.
>
> I tried "Hamilton" in the FCC database but nothing jumped out at me...just
> wondering?

I do believe this was where WNSH went after it lost its original Danvers
site, near the mall. The studios first went to a wharf in Salem (I think
it was Salem), and for a while the studios and transmitter were in that
building in Hamilton. I think the studios were up on the second floor.

Keating Willcox surely can take the story from there, as I believe he was
the one who then moved WNSH to Endicott College, where its transmitter now
sits.