AM Radio coverage

Russ Butler songbook2@comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 16:05:08 EST 2007

Speaking of AM radio station coverage on this list recently, I remember
that it wasn't unusual for WBZ's Norm Nathan's late-night telephone
conversations to include a caller from London or other countries "across
the pond" with their Hull, MA salt water-grounded transmitter site.

Also, I found this comment online from John Rook (dot) com, a former
Program Director at KFI in Los Angeles:
/
KFI, at 640 on AM dial in Los Angeles is known as the nation’s most
powerful radio station. Listeners from Hawaii to New York and Canada to
Mexico for years tuned in to hear Dodger games exclusively on the
station. The premium facility had been sold to Cox Communications of
Atlanta for a record breaking $15 million cash in 1973, then the highest
price ever paid for a radio station./