FM pirates

markwa1ion@aol.com markwa1ion@aol.com
Wed Feb 28 13:57:42 EST 2007

Forwarded from another list:

<<
102.1 WRCI Radio Continental/Power FM appears to be off the air.  It
hasn't been heard over the past four days.  The other major pirates are
still going strong though; 91.3 Bel Mizik FM, 96.5 Boston, 102.9 WCFM
Choice FM, and 106.1 WTCH-LP Touch FM.  91.3 Bel Mizik FM has a super
signal, although suffering interference from 91.5 WMFO Medford along
I-93 from the deck to Roosevelt Circle, the signal reaches as far north
as Andover/Tewksbury on I-93 at Dascomb Road before 91.5 WUML starts to
interfere.  In contrast, the 2 kW signal of 102.9 Choice FM gets killed
by co-channel WBLM north of Wilmington.  88.5 is a pirate graveyard,
with the Boston Caribbean/Haitian station, Middle Eastern (presumed
R.Free Cambridge), and "Off-Coast" rock all heard this week, plus the
occasional satellite radio FM modulator.  96.5 seems to be making a run
at capturing some of the 102.9 Choice FM listenership in the afternoon,
broadcasting a high-energy soca club mix with frequent "Ocean Sounds"
promos.  102.9 Choice FM has the popular "Soca Bash" weekday
afternoons, a high-energy soca music program featuring mixes by
"Digital Seduction" and a very entertaining hyper DJ.

Bruce Conti - Nashua NH
BAConti@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/baconti/bamlog.htm