A Broadcast TV License May Be Worth Something After All

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Tue Feb 27 12:45:32 EST 2007

<<On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:49:12 -0500, Tony Abruzzese <abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu> said:

> "The most likely antenna converts are people who don't want to pay $500
> to $600 a year for cable or satellite service, or people who want to
> watch CNN, ESPN, and the Red Sox on NESN but don't want to pay the cable
> company $5 to $11 a month extra for high definition programming."

> Did I understand the above correctly?  Is NESN available over the air
> via DTV?

No, you did not understand correctly.  NESN is not available over the
air; neither is CNN nor ESPN.  They are, however, all available on
basic cable, which is $5 to $11 cheaper than the basic digital tier,
if you don't have a QAM tuner in your digital TV.

-GAWollman