Great edit, Bing

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:37:17 EST 2007

I must admit to listening to Sirius as I clean up my work for the
Christmas holiday.  One of the best edits I have heard in ages is this:
"This is Bing Crosby and you're listing to Sirius one-nineteen."
Someone had a lot of fun in the studio working on that one.  <harp sfx>
Brings me back to the old RR tapes, splicing tape and single edge razor
blades.  Keeping track of the many strands of tape would have been so
much easier if I had knuckled under and actually LABELED the takes.  But
that would have violated one of the many laws of common sense in radio.

Bill O'Neill
--
I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
/Rodney Dangerfield/