Cain In Hospice

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Dec 18 21:56:33 EST 2007

At 09:17 PM 12/18/2007, David Tomm wrote:
>I was listening to the end of the Big Show on WEEI this evening when
>Steve Buckley mentioned that Jess Cain was "not doing well" and is
>now in hospice care.  From what he said, Cain is staying at the
>Chilton House in Cambridge.  He gave out an address for the hospice
>for fans to send well wishes, but I was in the car and was unable to
>write it down.  If anyone has this information please share it since
>I'm sure many folks on this list would want to send their regards.

 From Jess's son, by way of Len Zola of the Media Gang:

Jess has now become a resident of an Assisted Liiving facility in
Cambridge called Chilton House.  His son, Jesse, III, has asked me to
pass along to our Gang members that he has advanced bone
cancer.  Jess can talk and feed himself "somewhat", but cannot
walk.  He still has that magnificent sense of humor.  Much of the
time, though, he sleeps.  He is relatively comfortable because of
pain medications.

Jesse (Jess told me once he prefers to call him Jed) asks that those
of us who know Jess feel free to phone him, though it would be wise
to try to keep the call relatively short.  His phone there is 617-876-5177.

If you prefer to drop him a note or card,
the address is 65 Chilton Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.