Alternate Paper's Story on WCAP

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Dec 9 08:08:10 EST 2007

Good article. I knew Poulten only from Your Mother Should Know and
only from when it was on WHET and WDLW in the mid-to-late '70s. It was
obvious to anyone who listened that Sam was a character, but my
reading of this article was my first clue as to just how much of a
character. At least, from his own disclaimers about his good fortune
in not having to serve in actual combat, you get that "war hero" is a
somewhat overblown characterization, so he isn't exactly Prof Harold
Hill. I've urged Clark to try to get Sam to revive Your Mother Should
Know on a Saturday night on WCAP. Maybe Sam doesn't have the time to
do the show on a regular basis, but with proper promotion, I think it
could attract a following even if it aired only infrequently.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: Alternate Paper's Story on WCAP

There's a so-called alternative paper published in the Merrimack
Valley called the
Valley Patriot.  This month's issue contains a lengthy article about
WCAP's plans
vis-a-vis (a little French lingo) cities and towns outside of the
Lowell metro.
The URL is:

http://www.valleypatriot.com/VP120607WCAP.html

(WCAP receivable in Portsmouth?  Oops...I think not, thanks to WZAN-AM
970
in Portland, Maine!)

--
10 Great Gift Ideas- Take a Look!