WCAP

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Mon Dec 3 16:22:54 EST 2007

I caught 25 minutes or so of the morning show today from about 7:45 to
8:10. Although everyone on the air said that the show, now in its
second week, is still very much a work in progress, it sounded GREAT
to me--a real example of what local radio was meant to be.

I know that WCAP can't increase its power and it must be way too soon
for the new owners to have brought in much if any new audio-processing
equipment, but it sure sounds as if somebody has been tweaking the
processing. It could well be my imagination, but WCAP sounded louder
and cleaner than I have heard it in years--at least during the
daytime. During daylight hours, WCAP's signal here in Arlington is not
very strong. Nevertheless, today it sounded quite clean and
surprisingly loud. Because of pattern differences, the night signal
here is a lot stronger but often gets stepped on pretty badly by WOFX.

Anyhow, the folks on the air sound really charged up and, in my
hot-so-humble opinion, are doing a great job!

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367