Imus

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:23:56 EST 2007

Chuck Igo wrote:
> can't say that i did, but there is a brief (2.5 mins) video of the
> opening remarks on Yahoo!

I caught some of the 8-9 hour on RFDTV and some of the 9-10 on WABC
(web).  Let's just call it a work-in-progress.  Imus looked rested but
not too eager.  McGuirk sat quietly to Imus' left.  It's tough to judge
on any Day One, especially on remote.  During the phoner with the
'Ragin' Cajun' and his wife who was Cheney's consultant (blanking on
names right now) Don did jokingly react with, "Do you two want to get me
fired on my first day?"  There are two new editions to the show, both
African American (sports and a sorta-sidekick).

Watching Imus on RFDTV should make for interesting juxtapositions -- I'm
wondering how long it will take for them to go from the I-Man
interviewing a politician-caught-in-the-act, and then into a TV spot on
the latest technology in artificial insemination of bovines.  Only in
America.  Now, git.

Bill O'Neill

--
I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
/Rodney Dangerfield/