BZ During the hostage situation.....

Dave in Boston Dave_in_Boston2001@hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 19:45:30 EST 2007

> All too often there is a tendency to over-cover a story, taking up
> large amounts of air time without really telling us anything...

Well, in a situation like this with a potential bomb that could erupt (at
any time!) I think people like to have a link, not just a few headlines.  I
don't hink BZ radio  should've done wall to wall coverage.  I just wanted to
hear from someone at the scene...instead of Diane Stern giving us
'headlines' from Boston.

If this was in Walla Walla Washington, I would agree.....but this is BZ's
backyard, isnt' it?  It's likely that a lot of people know Portsmouth, the
neighborhood, maybe even have family up there.

While it's true the story wound down through the afternoon, when it was
revealed he had flares taped to him and not dynamite...I heard better
coverage/discussion on WEEI than I did on BZ.